This Disappears When Logged In

Zoo Pics!!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Padfoot, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

Hi!

I went to the zoo yesterday, and got pics of all the animals there. 8) The snake house was closed, so I didn't saw any snakes. 8( I saw mostly birds and mammals, but here are the few reptiles that I saw. Feel free to say the real names of the reptiles here. 8)

Caimans
    [​IMG]

A green iguana (as if I haven't seen enough in the backyard lately... lol
    [​IMG]

A turtle with a caiman
    [​IMG]

An iguana?
    [​IMG]

Turtle
    [​IMG]

Another turtle
    [​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Great pics

I love them all! It is too cold to go to the zoo here everything would be closed! :(

3. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

I don't exactly know the REAL names of the reptiles in the pictures, but I'm pretty sure the second iguana pic is a Rhino Iguana; he's soo cute. The last two pics of the turtles, I'd guess a yellow footed tortoise and a hinged back tortoise. Am I right?

4. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

Thanks! 8) Low temps here are at about 70F right now... All those reptiles are outside... and I'm pretty sure that they are outside all year long... when I went yesterday it was cloudy, but it didn't rained, and at around midday, with a temperature of around 85F it was a pretty nice weather to walk around... which was good, cause I walked 20 minutes from my college to the zoo.. lol (and then about 2 hours in the zoo, and 20 minutes back to college for a class, yikes!)

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yep, that second ig is a rhinoceros iguana. I'm no tortoise expert, but there ain't no hingebacks in those pics. Not realy sure what that second tort is. Looks sorta like a sulcutta, but its so smooth. Anyone else know?

6. jamie-lizard

jamie-lizard Member

I think the second iguana is a young kommodo dragon.

Jamie

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nope its a Rhino Iguana. Komodo's are monitors and do not have a dorsal crest.

I think the tortoise is either galapagos or aldabra

8. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Spectacle caimans..

The chelonians look to be a red foot and a hidgeback to me..
    Zane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.