This Disappears When Logged In

Zigge's Spikes

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by G8ERMAN, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G8ERMAN

G8ERMAN Elite Member

I found that out. I started picking him up by putting my hands under his feet slowly and he don't even mind much.

2. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I use a Dremel to file Rex's nails. We've used it most of his life, so he is used to it.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I use the same on Zok. But it might be a bit challenging with one that isn't quite tame.

4. G8ERMAN

G8ERMAN Elite Member

They make dremel type nail clipers for pet's? Have y'all heard of them?

5. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Not exactly. They make Dremel tools that we use on our pets. ;)

Just use a sanding bit and slowly file the nail down.

To secure the iguana, wrap it in a towel, covering the head, and pull out one foot at a time.

6. G8ERMAN

G8ERMAN Elite Member

Ok, I'll keep that at mind. Thank you

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I use a regular Dremel grinder too.

They have come out with a dremel type tool for pet's nails called a "Pedi Paws".Pedi Paws - Official Site of the pet nail trimmer As Seen On TV
    I first saw them about the time I got my lab puppy. They advertise them as safe and painless so I decided to check them out. While they worked on tiny little puppy nails, they are worthless for anything heavier. Imagine trying to do an iguana's nails with an emery board!
    They have no torque, bog down and stop easily, and the safety guard makes it very awkward to handle. And with long ig toes it would not take much imagination to see it pulling them in and breaking them!
    I will stick with my standard dremel.

8. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Kermit doesn't like the sound of nails filing and she is so good with a nail clipper that i will always use a nail clipper on her

9. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

I use a dremel also... much quicker, and it doesn't squeeze like the clippers do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.