This Disappears When Logged In

Zack-my Aft wants-girlfriends??????

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Darra, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darra

Darra Active Member

Hello again!:D
    Its my birthday in 12 days-27th june 2007-i'm going to be 13!:cool:
    I still have Zack and he's as fat-tailed as ever!:eek:
    I want to get 2 female Aft's, for my b-day.;)
    I know you have all given me advice on this before, but my mum wants to check again about a few things......:confused:

Can i put them in the same tank as Zack?:confused: The lizard shop keeper seemed very exsperienced when i got Zack 2 years ago. And he said i could fit 3 Afts in the tank i purchased.
    And if i did so would they mate?
    And would i have to buy an incubator to keep the eggs in and what do i do when the eggs hatch?

I'm sorry i'm asking this when i could read it up on those help sheet, the internet or a book. :eek: But first before i rake out my bookshelf i wanted to ask some exsperienced herp owners.:eek:

TY Darra

Cats,lizards,frogs,snakes,caimans,crocs,aligators,snakes....well HERPS! and smilies rule! :) :( :confused: :mad: :p ;) :D :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:0-)-(----

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

First of all, I would assume you would be getting 2 adult female AFTs. You will have to set them up seperately at first...quarantining them and making sure they are healthy and eating is a good idea for at least a month, 3 months being better. Once the quarantine period is over, then you would be able to introduce them in the same tank. Refresh our memories of how large is Zach's cage. Some people believe a 10 gallon is big enough, so it would be good to know the size that will hold 3 lizards.

Yes they would mate and lay eggs. When the eggs hatch, you would have to have a seperate place to put the babies and rehome them or make a deal with the petstore....

Also, having the second setup for the girls will give them somewhere to go when you dont want them mating. They will need a rest after a while. Good luck with your quest!

3. Darra

Darra Active Member

Re: Zack-my Aft-wants girlfriends??????

Well.......
    realy i just want the one lizard for now. I just thought zack would be lonley and depressed.
    Do lizards enjoy each others company?

I dont think they do...........

>--<-0:xxxxxxxx

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I think as long as you are interacting with him, he will be fine....they only find a friend for mating reasons...they dont actually become friends like people.....good luck and have fun with him!!

5. hippie05

hippie05 Elite Member

What do your Aft look like? I have 2 of them, A female named Cocoa and a Male named Coconut, I know Aft's vary in appearences and I'd like to compare.

Here is my Female Cocoa[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.