This Disappears When Logged In

Yup, Another Dubia Thread

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by kronik070, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

i have the chance to buy a small colony of 100 40/60 m/f

i was told there will be a few(?) adult pairs and nymphs that will be ready to shed into adults.

he wants 50$ and im wondering if this is a good deal.

i guess considering i cannot find them anywhere(im in canada) i dont really have too much of a choice but doesnt seem like a very big colony. i do not want to have to wait 6 months to start feeding them.

any input is appreciated

thanks
    mike

2. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I payed $65 total (roaches and shipping) for 500 nymphs and 10 breeding adults so in my opinion I would say that it isn't worth it.

3. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

hmmmmm......yea it didnt sound like such a great deal to me either, but considering how hard they are to find around these parts, i figured what choice do i have.

shipping would be another 20 but i can have him bring them to the reptile expo on sunday.

hmmmm what to do , what to do

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its a case of supply and demand. If you are the only supplier around you can pretty much set your own prices.

5. richcoulterjr

richcoulterjr Elite Member

i got 200 mixed sizes and 5 breeder pairs for 65. when i got home i realized there were a couple extra adult males in the mixed sizes. had to feed off a few while i was waiting for the crickets to come in. now ive got my crickets and getting things just right for breeding.

6. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

well he stated that the majority were large nymphs, which would shed into adults in 2-3 weeks with a few adult pairs in the mix.

7. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

If you crank up the heat they will breed and grow very fast. I started out with 20 and had well over 100 in a month. I don't know how many mouths you are feeding, but like Merlin said if this is the only guy with them and you want them that is the price. Have you looked online for other distributors? I think there is one called the roach ranch.
    Gary

8. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

ive looked at most sites and none ship to canada. to be honest with ya, from what i read i think they are illigal now to sell as feeders here :|

9. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

theres also a dude called the roach guy whos prices are good. he has a sale right now on the smalle dubias with breeding pairs and its like +20 % more dubias and free shipping so

10. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

hmmm thanks for the link

i never came across this site

well i am going to check out what is at the expo tomorrow and if all else fail i am going to go with theroachguy.

i prefer to see what im buying before i buy it, but thats just me.