This Disappears When Logged In

Your Herp Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ninjaguy1987, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Ninjaguy1987

Ninjaguy1987 Elite Member

Post up your wishlist.
    Here's mine:

1.Savannah Monitor
    2.Carpet Python(Jaguar)
    3.Orange Eyed Crocodile Skink
    4.Pictus Gecko
    5.Japalura Mountain Lizard
    6.Pacman Frog(Albino)
    7.Corn Snake(Sunscream)
    8.Bearded Dragon
    9.Kingsnake(Hi-white)
    10.Jackson's Chamelon

I probably won't ever own all these but that's why it's a wish list.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Of course I would love to own so many, unfortunately my husband isn't a herp lover, so my list is very short! :(

California King Snake or Corn Snake
    Leopard Gecko or Crested Gecko

3. replover

replover Elite Member

KOMODO DRAGON!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.

4. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Honestly...I am in hold mode. I have a few I would love to have, but the reality is "there is such a thing as having to many" maybe in a few years I will add one or two more. Just going to wait and see :D

5. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

That's the one I want :p

More realistically, I want a collection of monitors:
    Green Tree
    Ackie
    Asian Water
    Blackthroat
    and of course my Savannah that I have now :)

6. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Lesser platinum ball python
    Mojave ball python
    Common boa
    Red tail boa
    Burm
    Savannah monitor

Not necessarily in that order

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There isn't enough room for mine! LOL!

8. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Oh my gosh how can you ask that?? Argentine B/W tegu, Brazilian Rainbow Boa, several ball python morphs, Carpet python, blue tree monitor, savannah monitor, blood python, axolotl, mexican black kingsnake, cornsnake of any kind... Yeeeesh! That's just the start! I know I won't have all these guys but..

Haha, guys can we all get together and start the Herpcenter reptile zoo??? We can all have our healthy well kept wishlist animals and have people pay to see them, LOL! That's the only way I can see all of us getting our dream animals, hahahah!

9. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I would like to add a tomato or two and another crestie. Oh and some WTF and a water dragon; when we have the room. I think that is it, except for a beardie and ...:">o:)

10. lovesreptiles

lovesreptiles Elite Member

that would be pretty cool lol.

wish list:
    1. savannah monitor or tegu (not sure, just some sort of big lizard)
    2. pacman frog
    3. corn snake

11. floridayank22

floridayank22 Member

if it were that simple i would have tons more...myaby the neighborhood kids are foolish enough lol

how could someone not be a herp lover?!?!? i dont think i could be with someone who dident have the same love for them as me..im lucky my gf is just as into it as me and actually told me today that she was thinkin bout goin and gettin her first snake (besides the ones that were family pets)

justin

12. ShortStack

ShortStack Member

Lol, if I'm lucky.. I gotta make sure to use "the look" because my grandmother has NEVER allowed snakes in her house!

13. Ninjaguy1987

Ninjaguy1987 Elite Member

Lol i have the same issue with my gf she thinks cats and dogs are pets ha what does she know.

14. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I am the 'gf' in this situation.. I was never introduced to reptiles until Nathan showed me his "Bobby Jack"... the cuteness of a leopard gecko's eyes won me over, and I've been lost in the herp world ever since!

The idea that a snake can be cute got me too! Nathan found some of the cutest baby ball python pictures.. Needless to say, I had to have one. And thus Maru came to us!

But truthfully it wasn't that hard to win me over, I just was never given a chance to. I've always been a lover of any/all animals(except ladybugs but I am like cursed around them).. Not many people really showed me snakes were 'cool'!

Because they tried so hard to hide snakes from me, my parents are shocked at how much I like them now, like Nathan has totally changed me.. But the more I think about it, I remember crying when my parents would kill snakes in our yard(fearing they were venemous) and I would beg for them to just release it somewhere safe.. And of course Jeff Corwin and Steve Irwin snake videos were always some of my favorites... It just didn't 'click' that they weren't the creepy slimy things my grandmother made them out to be until now!

15. ShortStack

ShortStack Member

Well, I've got one decision maker in the house agreed for the most part.. Now I just gotta hope my grandpa says yes.. If so, it's a go :D

I grew up with all kinds of animals around.. We've had dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, hamsters, fish, you get the idea.. I was the cool kid in 1st grade that took their snake for show and tell, lol.

Aww, now my furry babies are my babies, too! But definitley not the only ones in the world.

16. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

My Hubby isn't necessarily thrilled that my love for pets turned toward the scaly kind, but he knew lots of pets were in the agreement when he signed the Marriage Certificate... o:)

He would rather I not have as many, and to DEFINITELY stop considering any more :rolleyes:.... and most of you know the difficulty I had getting permission for snakes in the house (now I have 2).

So of course on THAT note...

Poison Dart Frogs
    Fire Bellied Toads
    Chinese Water Dragon

That's probably all that's on my real list -- and most likely the only thing that is likely to happen is the PDF's.

17. Rob

Rob Elite Member

Ill make the list short
    1 of everything

But on the top of that list is
    albino asian water monitor/nile

non-herps
    savannah cat F1
    marmoset

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

My brother and his family purchased a Savannah cat in August, Anyway they are know to carry a type of protozoa parasite called
    Tritrichomonas foetus, with causes sever diarrhea and treatment may take several years to fix. Also has been found in Siamese and Bengal pedigree cats. They have spent over $1000 in fecal test so far, the treatment is not legal for use in our country for felines but is used on birds.They did manage to get the medication but the precautions for the owner is very dangerous, gloves used when administering the medication, and much more. More common in the US and Europe, so just a heads up to make sure if you do decide to get this type of cat, make sure it has a test for this prior to buying.

19. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Bismarck Ringed Python
    Yellow Anaconda
    B&W Tegu
    2 Yellow Ackies

In that order lol. I already know all their names too :x The python might actually be happening in a few months. The rest will have to wait until I move out or find a way to miraculously convince my mom that snakes are not the worst thing to ever happen to this world... It's a losing battle. lol

20. warneri

warneri Elite Member

gopher snake, eastern kingsnake, chinese water dragon, bearded dragon, alino ball python, sunglow redtail boa,argentine red tegu