This Disappears When Logged In

Your Custom Enclosure?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Wolfbandit, May 24, 2012.

1. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

I'll be picking up a larger cage for my baby savvy here soon, and was wondering how you guys went about decorating/making stuff for your enclosures. I've tried looking through the enclosure threads here, but I've found very little for savvys. His cage is gonna be a 6' x 3' x 3', so I'll have room to play around with some different brush, hides, levels, etc...

I'm kinda artistic, so making 'stuff' shouldn't be hard if you guys can just help to point me in the right direction. =]

Pictures of y'all's enclosures would be awesome for ideas!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi,
    Savannah monitors can swim to some extent (but a water container just large enough to soak their whole body in is adequate), climb to some extent, burrow very well indeed, and need as much space as possible!
    Real plants will be destroyed in a very short time, so not worth using. Plastic ones don`t last too long either, but do offer cover while they last.
    Given the option, they`ll use every inch of the enclosure, so make use of all the available space.
    This is my V. salvator macromaculatus (Asian Water monitor`s) enclosure, with a few small changes it would be perfectly suitable for a Savannah monitor, too.

6307041697_e2c8d5146d_z.jpg
    001 Varanus salvator macromaculatus enclosure by murrindindi, on Flickr

Attached Files:

4. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

Thanks for the pointers. I'm also wondering, if I were to post an add on craigslist asking for someone to help me build it/build it for me, where do you think I should post that at?

5. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

On Craigslist under services they have skilled trade. I'm sure you can find a furniture maker or something that would be interersted.