This Disappears When Logged In

You Were Loved

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by lisas, Apr 12, 2015.

1. lisas

lisas Elite Member

My bearded dragon, Beast, passed away on April 9th. I came home from work and she was passed away under her basking spot. She was 7 1/2 with metabolic bone disease (I adopted her at 1 1/2 like that). She'd been slowing down lately and I noticed she was swallowing a little more than usual when she hadn't just eaten. I didn't think much of it, since people do this too, but maybe her M.B.D. caught up to her. She didn't feel like she had a tumor or anything but who knows. I will miss her immensely - she was such a cute little thing. She had a good life. Thanks to all who gave me advice during the last few years.

2. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

Sorry to hear of your loss.

lisas likes this.
  3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well. It is always unfortunate when we lose a pet, especially when it was a rescue or a rehab.

lisas likes this.
  4. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Thanks for your condolences. Right now I'm trying not to go over the details in my mind about her death. She did O.K. for being a rehab and lived a decent length of life for her condition. Weather I could have done anything to prevent it, I don't know.

5. Cathie

Cathie New Member

Don't do that to yourself, just try to find peace in all your wonderful memories and in the fact that you gave her a wonderful home for many years, as many as she was meant to be here.

lisas likes this.
  6. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Thanks, Cathie. That's good advice. It always hits me hard to lose an animal. I certainly am glad that she ended up with me and did live a good life. I will keep my eyes out for another that needs a good home.

7. Cathie

Cathie New Member

It is always a good feeling to rescue an animal, whether it's a dog, a cat or a beardie- they seem to never forget where they came from or how bad they had it before they were saved! Even though we got our beardie from a Petsmart, he was there for 3 months and was starting to get pretty big so people would bypass him for the babies, we felt so bad for him! Lisas, my thoughts are with you, I wish you the best of luck with your search.

lisas likes this.
  8. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Thank you! Good luck with your beardie.

9. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Sorry for your loss, Beast is in a better place now :)

lisas likes this.
  10. lisas

lisas Elite Member

Thanks so much, DwarvenChef.

DwarvenChef likes this.