This Disappears When Logged In

Yoshi

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by dannigd, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I always say getting a pet is willingly buying your way into slavery for x amount of years. Its the truth, you shouldn't be getting them for how ever long they amuse you, its how ever long they need you and you are at their beck and call until then.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What SHE said!
    And to make it worse since reptiles are so long lived it is quite a long stretch of time!
    People are so used to mammal pets only living 5-15 years that they don't comprehend that these are animals which may very well outlive YOU!

3. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Just think of it as having a child.;) They will always be with you! LOL I had a cat live to be 23 years old. Now I have two reptile's that I will have for a very long time.

If you're not in it for the long haul than I believe you should not get the animal, reptile etc.

4. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I don't think of it as having a child, as they will never get old enough to start caring for them selves, never old enough to make their own meals, or choose what they eat

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Neither do some children!:p;)

6. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

LOL I would have to agree with Merlin my husband still is like a child.

Ok, on another note you will have the animal for 20-40 years depending on what you have (Reptile, mammal, etc.) So when referring to the animal, reptile being like a child it is the years that you will have the animal not the mentality that it can't take care of itself, feed itself, and so on.

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Well to me it is was a choice, people or animals, I chose and will choose it again even if you gave me a million pounds! I am so glad that they are going to get old with me and believe it or not, I've even made a plan with them in my will in case they out live me.

8. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Wildheart I think that is great! Animals are rewarding and when I'm stressed they seem to make it better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.