This Disappears When Logged In

Yoda is Not Doing Well

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by mttitansfan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mttitansfan

mttitansfan New Member

Hey guys and gals,
    I'm new to this website and I have a very pressing need. My brand new iguana YODA is slipping fast. I have noticed his eating habits changing and his coloring was turning more brown than usual. Today when I stopped by the house during a quick break I came in and he looks almost gone. He won't eat and it looks as is he has some fece's stuck to his underside.
    He is in a 20 gal tank.
    UVB bulb and heat lamp, the one side says around 90-100 other side is 75-80
    Wood chips in the tank.

I'm really not sure what to do but I really need help. I'm going to the store right now to pick up pumpkin stuff to help him defecate but is there anything else I can do to get him back on track. He is a baby and I would hate to lose him.

Thanks for all the help

2. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

TAKE HIM TO THE VET NOW!!!!! He might have eaten one of those wood chips and he could be impacted. VET VISIT NOW!!!!

welcome to HC!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You really need to stop worrying about going to the store and get him to the vet. The way you are describing, he is in serious shape.

4. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Skip the pumpkin, he needs to see a vet IMMEDIATELY. What you're describing is an emergency.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I think you should read this, your temperatures may be way off especially in a 20 gallon tank. Your dragon needs to thermal regulate and I can't see you getting this with a 20 gallon tank.
    How are you measuring your temperatures? Analog/dial, stripe, or digital with probe
    Green Iguana Caresheet (Iguana iguana)

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What everyone else has said...your ig needs help!

7. Really

Really Elite Member

So did Yoda get to a vet? Has anyone heard anything about this poor iguana?

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The OP hasn't come back to the site, unfortunately! I hope Yoda did get to the vet in time.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's really sad that poor animal. I really hope the OP has brought him to the vet and he is recovering some where. I had to stop going to yahoo answers because so many people think they can skip the vet and treat their own animals...
    A big must for everyone who wants to keep pets is to put aside an emergancy vet fund.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately its a common occurance. People come here expecting us to give them a quick down and dirty home remedy for the situation and when all they get is being told to go to a vet, they disappear.
    Hopefully that is not the case in this instance but it happens often.

11. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

20 gal tank..... Wow

12. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I am so very sorry to read this thread. It is an old story and a sad one, for the new owner and worse for the little suffering iguana. Yoda, accept myapologies for the ignorance and the greed of my fellow human beings, and if you are gone, (which I guess you are but hope you are not,) then RIP.

Owner of Yoda, if you come back here and read this, please reply, as I am sure others here would like to say a few words of comfort, and maybe some helpful advice regarding future acquisitions of reptiles or any animal.