This Disappears When Logged In

Yellow Bumps On Female Iguana's Stomach

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Gloria, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Gloria

Gloria Member

I noticed today that my female iguana has two yellow bumps on her stomach, they're pretty close together and look like bubbles. I honestly have no idea how long she's had them. I take her out of her cage every night to let her sleep in our room but I'm pretty sure they just popped up.

I won't be able to post a picture until my fiance gets home, as my laptop doesn't have a good camera. But if you any ideas as to what this could be, please share with me. I want to know whether or not I need to make a vet appointment for her.

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, didn`t you post a few months ago when you first got the iguana, and didn`t we discuss leaving the animal outside it`s enclosure for extended periods would be likely to have a detrimental effect on it`s health if the conditions don`t closely resemble their natural habitat?
    Without photos it`s impossible to suggest what the lumps might be?

3. Gloria

Gloria Member

Yes, I did make a post a few months ago but I've had her and my other two iguanas since last year. They've been coming out to roam for a couple hours and then sleeping outside their cages since August 2016 till now. None of them have had any types of sickness or anything else; one of them did have metabolic bone disease when we first bought them from PetCo but that went away with a visit to the vet and a better UVB light which the pet store did not have. The only other problems they have had was when two of them decided to let their tails drop, which were looked at by a vet and are currently growing back. This is the first time one of them has had a problem this year. I am fully aware that leaving them out of their cages for extended periods of time will have a detrimental effect on their health, but they are only for about 4 to 5 hours throughout the night as we don't let them come out during the day anymore so they can bask and eat all of their food. It gives them something to look forward to and I have seen an increase in appetite and relaxation in them ever since we started allowing them to come out of their cages at night. I will post a picture once my fiance gets home from work.