This Disappears When Logged In

Yay!!!! Finally more members with black throats

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by BSpain, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BSpain

BSpain Well-Known Member

I am so glad others get to enjoy the personality of a black throat monitor. I love mine and I hope the others will soon realize the unique bond they can form with one. to all, please keep posting i love the pics and sharing experiences. check my profile for my pics and share some stories often. if you have any questions that I can help with ask and ill try to help :)

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, how big is the monitor just now? It`s nice to see one that isn`t well on the way to obesity (well done)! ;)

3. BSpain

BSpain Well-Known Member

few months ago I measured it about 46" although I want her to be larger I heard they will live longer and healthier growing slower so I monitor portions and feeding schedule to hopefully keep her a long time I am thinking she may be a little younger then estimated as well

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

How old do you think she is? I`ve never heard of them living longer if they grow slower, it`s all to do with the conditions they`re kept in, and when properly supported they grow very quickly, at least in the first year or two (the larger species).

5. BSpain

BSpain Well-Known Member

by slow I ment mainly not over feeding in order to produce a larger lizard. I'm thinking she will be about 2 early this next year.I got her September 2011 and was told she was about a year but now due to size comparisons I suspect she was between 6-9 months when I got her but that I is just a hi guess. wish I knew

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

If she`s almost 4 feet ToL she should be mature, but I think you mentioned she`s not yet been gravid?

7. BSpain

BSpain Well-Known Member

yeah I agree and estimate her age at about 2 now and no signs yet