This Disappears When Logged In

WTF losing weight

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by doyle122, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doyle122

doyle122 New Member

Hi, I have had my whites tree frog for about 5 years now, all that time he has been very happy and healthy. About 2 or 3 months ago I started to notice he was losing some weight when i put a waterfall in the cage, so I thought he was getting stressed from the waterfall and took it out. That wasn't it, he continually lost weight, wont produce waste, and a long mucous string comes out of his mouth on occasion, he also all of a sudden makes this weird clicking sound. He has adequate water, lighting, humidity, there are no small objects for him to ingest and I have no idea what to do. I bought Flukers Repti-Aid at the petstore which says to put a syringe up to his mouth and try to get him to lap the mixture up. He wont.
    Please if anyone has gone through this or may know whats happening, get back with me.
    Thanks!!

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

It sounds like he needs to see a vet. He could have a parasite or something of that sort...

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Give us the run-down of his care too. temps, humidity, cage size, diet...

But really it sounds like some sort of parasite or other infection and he needs some antibiotics, and the only place to get that from is a Herp Vet.

please DO NOT give him repti-aid. not only is it worthless its made for reptiles and not amphibians. Any amphibian care is usually in the powder form and you can coat the crickets in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.