This Disappears When Logged In

Wow! Nice Forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GeckoEcho, Oct 12, 2013.

1. GeckoEcho

GeckoEcho Member

Hey everyone!
    I am somewhat of a new reptile owner and am here to get answers to the various questions I'm sure I'll have.
    I was initially apart of a gecko forum as those were the only reptiles I had owned up until about a week ago. ;] Now that I have added a ball python to my family, I decided to seek a forum that showed a greater interest in more than just geckos. I am hoping to find this forum to be active, friendly and packed full of knowledgeable people!

A little about myself as well as my herp family:
    I'm 23 and currently working as an EMT. The hours are long and, more often than not, boring, but it provides me with a reasonable income to support my reptile addiction. ;] I live in beautiful San Diego and am lucky to have the ideal temperatures for keeping desert animals.
    I initially got into leopard geckos for reasons of genetics. I have a vast love of genetics and the thousands of possible outcomes that go along with it. However, my last genetics class was quite some time ago in high school so there is some recessed knowledge in there that I am hoping I can regain by being here and learning. Currently, I am breeding towards a Raining Red Stripe project. I have a Raining Red Stripe female - Annie, and a Rainwater albino male, Archer.
    I bought my ball python because I fell in love with her while I had a few drinks at a party. ;] Went to an old high school friends birthday and he so happened to breed ball pythons. He said he had some hatchlings and randomly selected one female from the tub and gave her to me. Up until this point I was not the biggest fan of snakes - they made me nervous because I did not understand them. But, a few bottles of liquor later and I realized I was letting her climb up and down my arms, around my neck and throughout my sweatshirt. After several drunken pictures with my new best friend and thousands of husbandry questions later, I realized how badly I wanted a snake of my own. I let the booze wear off and in the next few days, went out and purchased a setup for a someday snake. Then my friend told me he was selling her and I snapped her up and brought her home that week. She's been a dream come true and has been so patient with my learning about her! "Tang" is a normal ball python female.

In addition to snakes, I also have two horses, a dog and a cat [who helps me 'clean up' if a cricket happens to get loose].
    It's great to be here and I'm very excited to start posting!

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Welcome :) You have come to the right place! Can't wait to see pictures of your reptiles :)

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Welcome to Herpcenter!

My cats also perform "cricket cleanup" when the odd escapee makes it out.

4. GeckoEcho

GeckoEcho Member

Thanks guys! :]

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That's one thing I miss about my Jack Russel. Was great for rounding up those stray crickets.

Welcome to Herp Center.

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Welcome to the greatest reptile forum around. I have no knowledge of geckos, but if you have any snake questions, feel free to ask and I or some other snake person will answer to the best of our abilities. We are also one of the friendliest forums around. Rich and Merlin are amazing administrators who take no sass when dealing with rule breakers. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

10. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Welcome to HC!!! If you want friendly and professional advice this is the place to be!!

From the sounds of it, it looks like you have am amazing leopard gecko project in the works, I haven't worked with the raining red stripe in years, and they truly are an amazing looking morph!! Now after two season of working exclusively with ball pythons and testing the waters, Dee and I have decided to resurrect our leopard gecko projects and add them to the lineup this season.
    I am truly looking forward to seeing your collection!!!

11. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I found the best site in America and it is right here!