This Disappears When Logged In

Would This Eclosure Idea Work?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by batmanjosh5000, May 31, 2013.

1. batmanjosh5000

batmanjosh5000 Elite Member

Im going to build a 6x3x4 out of sanded pine plywood for my sav (dont worry hes not an adult yet, when he is ill build him, or put extensions on to make an 8x4x4), the problem is that it wont fit through my door. So my plan is to make two 6x3x2's and then put them on top of eachother and use supports to hold them. and i plan on using screws for the two 6x3x2's and then using nails to attatch the supports because i dont want wood shavings in my room from the drill, and the siliconing the cracks. would this work?

2. TheSmench

TheSmench Elite Member

better off going with full size enclosure. you can easily vacuum saw dust or lay a sheet down to collect the shaving

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. Socal

Socal Active Member

Agreed. Save yourself the time, money, and possible heartache and just build the full size from the get go. Also, I would not use nails as I would not trust them to hold up to the stress (especially with deep substrate).

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Make the full size enclosure but make it in sections and bolt it together.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'd go with more floor space than that for an adult sized habitat.

6. batmanjosh5000

batmanjosh5000 Elite Member

Cool thanks! but Does full size enclosure mean that all of the peices should be solid?

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

What they mean is that putting all of that work and money into an enclosure that will only last a few months is not worth it. Before your enclosure collects dust you will have to start working on another one. They are suggesting making the adult enclosure now.

That being said, your idea of making the bottom, and top separate is a good one. You can even use brackets found in the building materials section of home depot and screw them to the bottom, then drop the top right on them so it can easily come apart any time.

What is your monitor being housed in right now?