This Disappears When Logged In

Would Like to Hear from AFT Owners

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by crablady, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crablady

crablady Member

I would like to hear personal experiences from AFT owners. I'm thinking we may get one of these, but I would like to hear from those that own them on how they are with handling and being nocturnal are they ever out and about during the day. The kids quickly bored of my hermit crabs because they are nocturnal. Although I have a few that regularly are out during the day. They will also want to be able to hold it. With supervision of course. My kids have been taught from a very young age to respect and be gentle with animals. I was really wanting a beardie but I think we're best to stay on the smaller side right now.

Also, if there's any one from Canada with one. Where did you find it? I've been scouring the internet and can't come up with one. I know I could have the petstore find me one but I would rather a breeder if I can.

Thanks all for sharing with me.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I haven't had one for a while now. But I can remember that they definitely don't come out too much during the day. Once dusk hits though they start up.

3. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

They are nocturnal and from my personal experince they are less active than leopard geckos but are more laid back and when taken out tend to just chill on your hand.

4. Kiana Lynn

Kiana Lynn New Member

Hello,
    Aft's are nocturnal and are mostly active at night, even though they can be calmly handled during the day (just don't catch them off guard). Aft's are also very docile, and if you're only getting one, all you need is a basic 10 gal aquarium. I live in North Bay, Ontario, And I got my male from "Keesha's Den", and I got my female using www.kijiji.com that is an amazing web site and it helps me alot. There are a lot of people selling reptiles cheap. And, you can find people living right near you! If you really want a friendly reptile that is active during the day, a Bearded Dragon would be better, even though they take up mor space. Good luck with your search!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.