This Disappears When Logged In

Worst Shell Rot Ever!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Libby2999, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Libby2999

Libby2999 Member

So I've been taking in a few turtles from people who no longer want them and most come in with some sort of shell rot and other issues. This one I just got is the worst I've ever seen. I've never seen more than white ish squishy spots on the shell. This is by far the worst I've seen. Normally I out iodine on it and keep them to a dry only tank for a week or so and it works out. I did that for a week already with him and it's still really...just, look at the pictures.

I really don't know what to do, or if it will ever heal. I'm keeping his tank extra clean and his often basks several times a day. Will this heal up or will the what I think is bone always be showing?

I've been trying my best to keep it clean but I don't know. He's been acting much more normal, swimming, eating, basking, doing other turtle things like trying to bite me, but I really don't know. He dose have a heat and a strong uvb. I do my best to get calcium in him and he has a cuttle bone thing to munch on. Should I move him to a dry only again (obviously with a water dish for drinking, just no swimming)? Really scared. Please help. 20170816_210010.jpg 20170816_210032.jpg

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Never dealt with one this bad, best suggestion would be to seek out a good reptile vet.