This Disappears When Logged In

Worried

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by Kite99, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Kite99

Kite99 Well-Known Member

So i got a whites tree frog, and i read the care sheet and i now know that the tank he is in isnt big enought!? i dont know if this is going to be ok and i dont have any other way to get a bigger tank i dont have much in there yet cause i got him yesterday and havent gotten a chance to get new stuff for him and i want him to get used to the tank so i put him in it, im just worried that i cant keep him in it its a 20 gallon tank that mesures (20w x 17L x 12 tall) in inches but my only hope was to give him a new home will i be alble to?

thank you

LOL kite

2. venus

venus Founding Member

It may be ok for a little bit or you can try turning the tank on its end so the 17 L is now its height.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

One frog might be OK in that tank, might not. The only way to know is to keep an eye on him. If he starts bashing his head on the top, or rubbing horribly on the side of the glass, then its too small.

4. Kite99

Kite99 Well-Known Member

he seems fine he hangs out on the drift wood and i have fake plants and even a real one in there hes not bashing his head at all he dose just kinda sit around and hang out, he likes comming out and walking around the house on my arm/shoulder/head.

but im still rather worried he will need a better habitat but im not sure what would be the best way to go about it, i was thinking i could make a wooden door for the tank then sitting it up right and growing a live plant like ivy of some kind but i dont know, i would like to get another one but i would like to figger out about what i would need to do that.

finally i have a cave type fish tank decor in there he hangs out on the side of the cave alot and seems to enjoy it.

thanks alot guys

Kite

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

A standard 29 gallon tank would do him fine, or if you want height, there is a 37 gallon tank, which is the foot print of a 29, just taller.