This Disappears When Logged In

worried about cham and bearded dragon

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Huey08, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huey08

Huey08 Member

Hi everyone, I just got a bearded dragon, sub adult and I have a juvenile panther chameleon sitting in the same room, but in opposite corners. I noticed that huey (cham) was pretty freaked out when it spotted the bearded dragon and seems to be afraid to move, when normally he is all over the place. I'm sure that he believes he will be the bearded dragons prey.

I know that two male chams should not be in the same room, but would it be okay to have my cham and dragon in the same room? Would the cham eventually get used to the new stranger, or will it just keep on stressing him out?

Thanks everyone!

Andrew

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Can you possible place something between tanks to block the chams line of sight to the beardie ?

3. Huey08

Huey08 Member

Hi kenman1963,

Yes, I was thinking about getting some large banana leaves to tack onto the side of the chams cage, but seeing as the beardie seems to really enjoy baths, considering his previous owner never gave him one, he would be going back and forth at times between his cage and the bathroom, which is past the cham cage. so the cham would still see him from time to time.

I thought that it would be easier on him if he would be able to relax and get used to him now for a bit rather than trying to have to hide my beardie from him.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

So put the beardie tank closer to the bathroom so you dont have to pass it everytime you take the beardie for a bath. I dont think that if you pass the cham tank every now and then that it would stress him out unless he is in a high traffic area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.