This Disappears When Logged In

Worlds Smallest Snake (thread Snake)

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Pedro De pacas, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Hi! I've just been given a thread snake by a neighbor who found it in their house and I've temporarily housed it. After doing some research on the species I found that some were saying that the species is invasive to the United States and Mexico and is native to Asia and Africa. I couldn't find a source that I deemed reputable enough to assume that they are invasive and so does any one have any information on whether these guys are native or not? Thanks image.jpg

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

There's a whole lot of thread snake species with some in the Americas (mainly the Caribbean if I recall correctly) and some in Asia and other locations.
    It's quite difficult to tell what species that is but its probably invasive to your area. The Brahminy blind snake (a similar species) has spread all over the world through potted plants. If you're planning on keeping it I wouldn't, they eat insect eggs. This is one of the few invasive reptiles that it'd be okay to release. Chances are there's many in your area.

3. Thanks I was planning on releasing it if it was indigenous but since he's invasive I may try and care for him. Maybe if he eats well and looks healthy in the coming weeks I can make him a good home. Thanks for the help