This Disappears When Logged In

Wood Mold...

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by huskergirl, Sep 14, 2015.

  1. huskergirl

    huskergirl Well-Known Member

    I just discovered a wood mold problem resulting from water from the fogger getting trapped under the liner in the bottom of the cage. It's pretty new, so it's not extensive yet. I was planning to kill it with either vinegar or hydrogen peroxide since those options seem to be more natural (and less toxic) than bleach. Any suggestions for what is better? Also, once it's cleaned, when is it safe to put my munchkin back in? Once the smell is gone? FYI, 4 year old dragon, and the wood was sealed a while ago with a water-based sealer that obviously needs a new coat.
     
  2. kriminaal

    kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

    A mix of vinegar and water should do it. I really don't like bleach, it's nasty stuff. Once the smell is gone and it's all dried up it should be fine. If you heat the enclosure while it's drying it should speed up the process.
     
  3. huskergirl

    huskergirl Well-Known Member

    Great! Thanks!
     

Share This Page