This Disappears When Logged In

Won't Eat, Scales Dull, Not Shedding. Help?

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by bpiercee, Jan 15, 2017.

1. bpiercee

bpiercee New Member

My rosy boa is almost 5 years old and has never acted like this, so I'm a little worried.

She was last fed on Dec 4, 2016, has always been an enthusiastic eater before. She would always come out to 'hunt' around the time she was due for her next feeding so I would just scoop her up to put her in her feeding box. Well, she hasn't come out since except to drink water occasionally. She hides in the hide I have in the middle of her tank so she's neither hot or cold. Her scales look dull, but she's not wrinkly and isn't acting like she's shedding (when she sheds, she stays on the hot side for around three weeks, moves around in her hide often, and soaks in her water). I'm not really sure what's going on, but I'm worried. Could it be brumation? She doesn't seem to have a respiratory infection or any other illness from what I can tell but her scales look a little dull so I'm wondering if that's a sign. I'm afraid to disturb her when she's not acting herself in case it makes it worse somehow, so I haven't tried to feed her. Anyone know what could be going on with her? If not, should I bring her to a vet? She's not very good at being handled so I worry that could stress her out, but obviously I will bring her if this isn't brumation or something else that's normal!