This Disappears When Logged In

Wiring Heat Tape Q

Discussion in 'Heating' started by LizardCrazyCelt, Sep 20, 2011.

1. LizardCrazyCelt

LizardCrazyCelt Elite Member

Okay, so first off, I am considering building a rack system for my leos, even though my mom thinks I won't like it when I am done, and I would like to use heat tape, but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to wire multiple sections of heat tape to the same cord? I currently have UTHs for my leo tanks, and I hate having all of the cordsbunched up behind my display stand, and I currently have five tanks on one wall, with all of their cords for heat and light, plus a fogger for my skink, somehow plugged into one outlet, which I HATE, and not just because it is a big tangled mess. I would like to get at least my four leos all on one cord for light, which I have figured out already, and if possible, one for heat.

I have seen videos and pics were long strips of heat tape are wound through the shelves, but the way I plan on building and displaying my rack, I won't be able to do this. I also don't want to have to buy so much extra tape just to do so...

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is a great article that my help until someone with experience can help you out;
    Wiring Heat Tape

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The answer is yes. It is explained in words and pics in that linked article. I wrote the article so feel free to ask questions. If you read the article though it is all explained. ;)