This Disappears When Logged In

Wildcaught?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by graduationxday, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

I didn't notice any.
    When I get him should I take him to a herp vet to make sure he doesn't have anything wrong with him?

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

It's always a good idea to. You should at least get a fecal test done to make sure there aren't any parasites.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And considering that it was loose outside for a period, there will be parasites!

4. graduationxday

Okie dokie.
    :]]
    I'll talk to my parents about that.
    I'll let you guys know when I get him.
    I'll post tons of pictures. :]

5. fire2225ems

Get your new enclosure for him built before you get him. That way he only has the stress of changing environments once...

6. graduationxday

The people who I am buying him from are selling him because they are moving, and they're moving in August.
    I don't know if I'll be able to buy the materials and build it before they move.
    I'll try though.
    I'll see if my mom will take me to Lowe's so I can get prices together for what I'll need to make his cage with.

And I've heard so many different things about BD substrates.
    I don't want to use newspaper or anything, I'd rather use something that looks good.
    What do you guys suggest?

7. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

Kudos on not going for a particle substrate- there's always that chance... I use slate in my enclosure. You can pick tiles of it up at lowes or home depot. It looks good, helps to keep his nails from getting too sharp, and dusted crickets show up really well against it. Good luck with your future beardie!

8. venus

venus Founding Member

You can also use shelf liner.

9. fire2225ems

10. graduationxday

Thanks. :]]

What exactly is that?
    x]

And thanks Shell. :]

11. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

Fire2225ems' list is really good- and the last two links that I saw are shelf liners. You can generally find it in rolls at walmart too if there's not a lowes nearby (and it may even be cheaper there, I haven't checked).

12. fire2225ems

It is what is used to line shelves. Like in kitchen cabinets. People use it when their cabinets become a bit worn. It makes a nicer surface to put dishes and food on than the wood sometimes. It used to be this really thin stuff that was almost like contact paper and would actually stick to the shelf, but now they have some other stuff that is non-adhesive and also a little bit thicker and softer. This is nice because it has a bit of a non-slip quality to it. It would add some texture and padding for the dragon. I would go with the non-adhesive stuff if I was using it. Actually I do use it, but for my cats. It lines the shelf that their food bowl goes on. Both to protect the shelf and so it gives them something under their feet to help them feel more stable.

No Prob!

13. graduationxday

Okay yeah, I was thinking contact paper and it didn't really make sense to use it in a cage.
    But yeah thanks for the description.

How many kitties do you have?
    I have three, Yellow Cat, Tobey, and Chicko.
    Chicko's still a kitten. He's crazy. x]
    I love cats

Love's and WalMart are right beside eachother here. x]
    I'll probably get it at Lowe's though, cause I'll be there anyway for all the other stuff.
    One less trip. Hahh

14. fire2225ems

I have two. One of which is a moody lil girl. (that's putting it nicely) The other is my lovable spaz kitty. If she isn't trying to climb the walls, she's demanding attention. :)

15. graduationxday

All my kitties are boys.
    And so is my dog.
    And I don't know about my snake or my sister's turtle, but we call them both he.
    Hahh.

Tobey and Chicko are both young and extremely good tempered.
    You can do just about anything with them and they won't get mad.
    Yellow Cat is getting up there in years, and he's not very tolerant.
    But he picked me as his person a long time ago so he loves me and sits with me and cuddles me.
    He's a sweety, to me at least. Hehh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.