This Disappears When Logged In

Which FOOD?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by GumDrops, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

This is probably a frequently asked question on this particular forum, but which insect is BEST for a beardie? Put YOUR issues with the insect aside for a moment. Which insect is best in nutrition for a beardie? I was just wondering.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Silkworms are the best but expensive. I feed crickets and supers with the occasional pinky. My guy is almost 6 yrs old so he gets more veggies then insects.

3. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

I Agree with Marsha. Silkworms are definitely the best feeder insect, although they are a bit costly. If you have no issues with insects, there are a number of different feeder roaches that are great. B. Dubia and B. Discoidalis namely two. These two are great because they are soft-bodied and they cannot fly or climb glass. For hatchling to juvenile bearded dragons, crickets and veggies should be the main staple. Once the beardeds have reached a size of at least 6-8 inches, other types of insects can be introduced including, but not limited to silkworms, wax worms, and roaches. Veggies should be offered daily. I hope this was helpful! For more information about roaches and other feeders check out New York Worms-Your Live Feeder Superstore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.