This Disappears When Logged In

Where Would I Buy Roaches and Other Feeder Insects ?

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by MissMel, May 7, 2014.

1. MissMel

MissMel New Member

Hi Everybody ... I'm new to HCN as of tonight! I was reading dozens of posts and answers this afternoon and I knew this was a place for me! I'm a new ( last June) GTF owner and I need to know where I can buy different feeder insects, besides crickets, for my froggies. I was at my local favorite Pet Store after work tonight, and all they have is meal worms and crickets. I was reading about other insects and I would like to give my babies some variety. Can anyone help me?

2. Lollipopgecko

Lollipopgecko Well-Known Member

Petco has recently been selling dubia roaches, I just bought some yesterday. They a also sell waxworms (very fatty, only fed as a treat). That's really about it. You can always buy other feeder insects off the internet, too, for a greater variety of insects.

3. Lollipopgecko

Lollipopgecko Well-Known Member

They might also sell butterworms but I'm not sure.

4. avagaddis

avagaddis Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to Herp Center:)

You can go to Petsmart or Petco. They sell all kinds of feeders, they just don't put them all on display (just crickets). Just go in and ask for waxworms or superworms or anything, and they'll bring you a container of about 50! Id suggest waxworms for you frogs as they are high in protein and animals adore them! I'd advise not to use butterworms though because theyre really fatty and can be unhealthy for reptiles if too much are given.

I hope I helped:)
    -Ava