This Disappears When Logged In

Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by curtis, Nov 16, 2013.

1. poofandmook

poofandmook Well-Known Member

We were buying bulbs from Amazon when Brak ended up with a minor case of MBD. We think maybe Amazon's bulbs aren't always "fresh" and end up not emitting.

We use ReptileDirect.com now.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

LLLReptile, lightyourreptiles, or beardeddragon.co have decent prices on bulbs.

3. jarich

jarich Elite Member

'Freshness' won't have an effect, their 'life' is based on how long they are lit in a fixture. I would guess your issue was caused by either placement or bulb/brand. I've bought numerous ZooMed tubes from them without issue.

4. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i am ordering everything i can from amazon. like it was already stated, how fresh a bulb is not how long ago the bulb was made, but how many hours the bulb has been used. besides amazon is not like other warehouses out their. their buildings are climate controlled, so if you do order something that is temp sensitive you dont have to worry. i know because i work for amazon

5. Malkior

Malkior Active Member

Repticon Baltimore Page Will be in Maryland at the start of the new year. The Expos in bigger states are usually a lot better. Tennessee's in Nashville was kind of lame. It was great if you love invertebrates and snakes. plenty of leopard geckos. and Carolina Dragon Breeders were there. but there were only 2 Uromastyx's in the entire Expo and they were both maxed out in growth and Mali. No Ornate or Saharan :/ But every location is different because its dependent on what breeders are closest to make it profitable for them

6. Vhcrater

Vhcrater Well-Known Member

Oh my! LOL, and I thought it was bad here! That's crazy!!

7. Malkior

Malkior Active Member

Just a heads up I have a friend that went to the one in Costa Mesa California this weekend and he was very sad about the turn out. it was roughly 15 booths. but they do still have major beardie breeders, just not a lot of rare trade animals. I was sad to learn the Cali one was that small considering they get the NARBC and the Super Show Expos