This Disappears When Logged In

Where is the Best Place to Buy Florescent Tube Light

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Clgaston24, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Clgaston24

Clgaston24 Active Member

Hey guys I just ordered my Mega ray and a couple Halogens from Reptileuv, but the website recommends purchasing Florescent Tubes from a local store. so any ideas where the best place to get them from is? Also looking for recommendations for a type. I am building a 8' long by 6' high enclosure for my CWD so I know I am going to need at the very least 2, any ideas?
    Thanks

2. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

i use repti glo bulbs that got from petsmart...i have bearded dragons so i went with the 10.0 UVB you may need a different intensity though for you CWD becausei know they are not desert animals

3. Clgaston24

Clgaston24 Active Member

I need non UVB bulbs...sorry probably should have been more clear. my Mega ray will be all the UVB I need.

4. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

If you aren't looking for UVB output bulbs you can buy any fluorescent you like, so you might check out hardware stores for something cheap. Or if you're growing plants in the enclosure you should check out grow bulbs (for example, Exo Terra's 2.0). You can find grow bulbs made by companies that aren't herp focused too.

5. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

Wal Mart, Aldi, K-mart, Home Depot, True Value, Ikea, what country are you from?

6. Vers

Vers Elite Member

If I were you I'd look into t5 HO fluorescent lighting--these will put A LOT of light out and will be a virtually continuous light source (no flicker). In addition to this they are also more efficient.

On another note, keep us updated on your ReptileUV order--I hope you have a good experience.

7. Clgaston24

Clgaston24 Active Member

T5 HO. Okay I'll look into them.

Yeah i am hoping I dont have issues. They are doing preorders right now and i wont be done building for at least a month.