This Disappears When Logged In

Where Can I Purchase a Chameleon?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Auttie, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Auttie

Auttie Member

Hey everyone! :) I would like to get a Chameleon, but I'm not really sure where to purchase it. Would they maybe have them in Petco or Petsmart? I'm not really sure. I may get to Bakersfield CA (the city nearestto me) next weekend and then I can perhaps get one but I need to know where. Help? Thanks to any who may answer! ^w^

2. savedeafdogs

savedeafdogs Member

In my opinion, i would never buy a chameleon from petco or petsmart. Nothing against the stores, I just know that 99% of the time they dont know enough about chameleons to take care of them properly. Every chameleon i've seen at one of those stores has been severely dehydrated, and thats not something you want to deal with in a juvenile. If you will make the drive, I suggest going to Reptile Outpost in Van Nuys: 7660 Gloria Ave Van Nuys, CA 91406 (818) 779-0770
    I love them, and stopped going to pretty much any other store since I found them. I get all my feeder mice, crickets, roaches and beetles from them, as well as my newest few Oustalet chameleons. Never met more educated people on reptiles and it makes a HUGE difference when getting a chameleon. Good luck.

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I would advise against Petco or Petsmart, add the only chameleons I've seen at either store were severely dehydrated and almost dead looking. Add for the store in Bakersfield, can't help you as I've never been there.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

avoid stores please. It'll only be more of a headache and you're more likely to get a sick animal. Get in touch with breeders and If you can do online I can send you a link if you want.

Chameleons For Sale: Panther Chameleon Breeders, Veiled Chameleon Breeders, Captive Bred Chameleons, Jackson’s Chameleons for Sale, Chameleons for Sale at FL Chams These guys are pretty good with their chams and I've heard lots of good things about them. Have known people that used them. I personally would look for a breeder but it's up to you.

Chameleon Forums you can find awesome breeders here if interested check out their classifieds.

5. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

If you don't mind buying online, kingsnake usually has chameleons.

6. Auttie

Auttie Member

Thanks so much :) I'll definatly consult a breeder. It may be awhile because I need to get all the supplies, a new cage, etc. Ya know gotta be prepared before introducing a new family member ^^ Anyway thanks. I'll keep the link you gave me and look into others as well.

7. reptilefanatic09

reptilefanatic09 New Member

I have two veilds with complete setup if ur interested depends on what ur willing to spend.