This Disappears When Logged In

When will this stop?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Jem_Scout, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Ok, I take Ruppert (RTB) out every few days depending on his shed/food schedule. He's 8 months old now and a bit over 3 ft, not fat but eats whatever I put in front of him.
    Ever since he was a baby he has been flighty. Like trying to wiggle away from me when I pick him up. His head goes flying around like Stevie Wonder when he's playing a really good tune on the piano! :eek: It's like he doesn't want to be handled even when I just take him out and let him roam on my lap. Will he ever settle down and not freak so much when I handle him? He's never hissed at me and is really a sweet boy. I just don't want to be stressing out the poor guy if I'm doing something wrong!
    And yes Merlin, I've been picking him up with two hands and keeping him close to my body..... :D

2. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

He'll settle down. Give it time.
    Not to mention, it's not all that easy for an adult BCI to be flighty. Rhiannon tries. She doesn't get far. :p

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

LMAO Jem, Stevie Wonder haha, you crack me up girl...

I let Bounce out for most of the day, she never wiggles, she has her time with me then I just let her hang around on the computer desk or bed, she has never done a Stevie Wonder on me lol, maybe Ruppert is just one of those flighty snakes who calms after a few mins of handling :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Possibly spend more time handling. Letting him glide from hand to hand. He may still not be too sure about being held.

Hannah, I can only imagine what it would be like for a snake the size of an adult boa that thrashes about like a cornsnake!

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well it won't be pretty to have him whipping around like Stevie Wonder when he's 8 foot long! :eek: Ruppert will look like he just drank a pool of beer! :p

Donna- be thankful Bounce stays in one spot! Can you send her here to teach Ruppert that people aren't all that bad!? (evil grin ;) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.