This Disappears When Logged In

When Will It Stop!

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by MorganLeFay, Apr 23, 2014.

1. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

This is my first breeding-season-fever experience with my milk and, well, he's going bonkers. For the past month he's been restless, cruising around the cage and pushing against the glass so hard that his whole body shakes and refusing meals, which is really bugging me even though I know it's normal. He did manage to eat one mouse about 10 days ago, but before that he hadn't eaten for a month and now I've offered and he's still not interested. I put him in the feeding box with a f/t mouse and all he did was push at the sides and try to get out. I know it's normal and he still looks healthy and not too thin, but when can I expect the spring fever to be over and him to calm down? He's not getting a mate this year, no matter how much he may want to, lol;) I'd just like some info on when I can expect this to be over and what I can do to maybe persuade him to eat something every once in a while (if it's at all possible).

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Hello! I know what you're going through because three of my male Boa Constrictors have been acting crazy but are finally settling down... two of which had gotten nose rub but the swelling is starting to go down because they stopped pushing already. The other guy didn't push but did manage to tag me a few times. Fast little guy... He's an early 2012 so he's quite small and quite fast. Anyhow... As far as I know, breeding season happens in the beginning of the year for milks, soon after winter and brumation ends. Maybe bumping ambient and his hot spot slightly will help tricking him into thinking breeding season is over? He should be done fairly soon as far as I know since it's April already and I believe breeding season is nearly over but I am not sure. You'd have to look into how long breeding season lasts for Milks but from what I've heard, it starts after they come out of brumation and ends after a few months.