This Disappears When Logged In

When Should I Start Taming My Savannah Monitor?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by LadyAlice, Oct 5, 2018.

1. LadyAlice

LadyAlice New Member

I got my Savannah monitor June 2018. What is the best way to tame her? How do I start taming her?

2. Lori68

Lori68 Established Member

You can only get as good as building up trust and having a tolerant monitor. Not that it matters much or you meant exactly the word "tame" but just want to point out that there is no such thing as a "tame" monitor ;)

All are individuals and building trust can be a different experience with each. Some factors that make a world of difference is how comfortable their home is. If they have very little to hide in, no security or safe retreats, or if they are being messed with in any way other than having the keeper go in to do cage maintenance...that all sets the trust back.

Can you describe how you have your sav set up? It would be better to show some pictures of the cage in all honesty. Just to look at what your sav has at the moment. And if needed, some advice on what to add to the cage to help make it more comfortable for the monitor and not the keeper. That's what it comes down to really, what is best for the animal

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Search YouTube for a series of videos called "small lizard trust building" or something close to that. Those will give you some really good ideas, but it's also important to make sure the sav is acclimated and eating properly before attempting any of this.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member