This Disappears When Logged In

What's Wrong with My Senegal Chameleon?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by stepho, Mar 7, 2013.

1. stepho

stepho New Member

I got Celia my female Senegal Chameleon Christmas of 2011. She is in a 45 gallon glass tank, with a mixture of both real and a few fake plants all over, the tank is lined with repti-bark. The tank is watered by both mist frequently, and a waterfall in the tank. I feed her both crickets and meal worms, the crickets eat Cricket Drink before she eats them. I have a regular white heating lamp, as well as an 18" tropical UVB bulb. The UVB bulb is on for exactly 12 hours every day (its on a timer). The tank is kept at 85 during the day and about 78 at night. The humidity is also kept at 70-80% humidity, I measure these with a zoo-med dual thermometer and humidity measurer.
    Celia is always Active, and always hungry, she just finished a shed about 3-4 days ago. When I looked into her tank today her eyes were not open, even when I misted her, which usually, wakes her up. I saw her move once, to breathe. Around one o'clock she was hanging on the branch with only one arm. I was worried she was dead, or was dying, so I tried to handle her; her legs and spine area were bright yellow, but the rest of her turned dark black...When I put her back in the tank she barely moved, but started to inhale deeply through her mouth, which I have rarely seen her do. Now she is laying on the bottom of the tank barely moving, but to breathe, and she flinches slightly while she is misted. She hasn't eaten at all today nor drank any of the mist off of the leafs which is something she does, practically after every misting...
    Please help me, I am extremely worried and concerned.

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Your animal is very critical by what you describe! Please take him to a reptile vet asap, preferably on eme.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree! This animal is seriously ill and without vet treatment NOW you are quite likely to lose it!