This Disappears When Logged In

what was your first herp

Discussion in 'General' started by furryscaly, Jul 20, 2005.

?

What was your first herp?

1. Lizard

96 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Snake

75 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Turtle/Tortoise

51 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Crocodilian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Newt/Salamander

10 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Frog/Toad

30 vote(s)
    11.3%
  7. Other

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit_001

Bandit_001 Member

mine is frog

2. wickedleos

wickedleos Member

mine was a leopard gecko, she the only one i've had since ickle baby.

3. JMM

JMM Elite Member

I´ve started with a water turtle - Trachemys scripta elegans (Red-eared slider ?) and then moved to some newts -Triturus boscai if I´m not mistaken

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Re: what was your first herp?

I finally voted because I finally got my frogs!

5. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

Mine was a red-tailed boa...but really...it wasn't mine mine...it was my mothers. I was only a toddler and we donated him to a zoo when I was about 6 or 7. My own first real "pet" reptile was an iguana at the age of 14/15 yrs. old...and in the way of so many...it died a very early death from MBD. I know that now, but didn't know that then. Now a do small scale rescue...;-)

6. cmdndr

cmdndr Active Member

Mine was a Three-toed box turtle when I was 3, I named her rocky. She became a kindergarten pet while I was in preschool (my mom was the teacher). Poor Rocky. Despite the horrible cruelty she was subjected to at the hands of dozens of 4-5 year olds I still have her today. Rocky ate my second Herp.

7. eimersmoo385

eimersmoo385 Active Member

i used to own a painter turtle. one of my gmas friends caught it for me and i had it for 9 years and let it go in a creek.

8. royalbabylover

royalbabylover Elite Member

I had 'Red Bellied Terrapins' , red bellied sliders, when I was 11yrs old.
    That was 31 yrs ago now.
    I then went onto snakes and amphibs when I left home.

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Elite Member

Mine was a brazilian rainbow boa- well it was my mother's. We named him Ichabod. He was picky and died. When I went off to college my roommate and I each bought a white's tree frog. Now the pets have more room than I do!

10. kelly

kelly hi!

When I was a kid many many years ago, I bought a newt at the pet store, so I guess that is technically my first herp. Then of course since I have three older brothers and was very much a tomboy, I would catch garter snakes but we would let them go.

But my leopard gecko is my first herp as an adult. I am usually a furry pet person, lol!!

11. morbid

morbid Active Member

Mine was a Cornsnake, back in 1986.

12. angelboa

angelboa Elite Member

tecnicaly mine was a garder snake i cought in the back yard but i consider jake to be my first he was a 7' rtb

13. jacquelyn

jacquelyn Active Member

as a child I believe our families first was a little green lizard. Very sad as it did not live very long. You have to think there was no computers to do research and he/she was bought from the corner store in a small local mall. That was more that 30 years ago. As an adult could you count Hermit crabs as my first? Well we had allot. Very cute. But you get tired of looking at a empty aquarium after a while. They dig themself under the sand ALOT.

14. QueenKitty13

QueenKitty13 Member

My uncle brought to me a turtle when I was 6, I still don't know what kind of turtle. It was small, it could soak in a butter bowl, it was white and looked like its eyes were dark blue??? (I get weird little orphans a lot) It was wounded and the local vet told us to let it die- "that would be best"(this was over 20 yrs ago)...well, not me...I covered the wound with skin closures, changed and cleaned them everyday and he lived for 5 years until the neighbors kid dumped kool-aid into his soaking tub when he was outside basking:(
    His name was Doolittle

15. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

White's Tree Frog

16. Fiora

Fiora Member

My first Herp was a lizard we caught fishing. I was a little girl, and he fell from a tree into the river when we were fly fishing. I screamed at my dad to catch him, and he did, literally fishing him out. Liz. He bit me on the way home, and then lived for years in a cage in our living room. Happy, fat little lizard.

17. arboreal3

arboreal3 Member

Mine was a humongous alligator lizard I caught when I was a kid. That lizard used to draw blood when he'd bite.

18. Benn-bmx

Benn-bmx Banned User

Mine was an Albino Leopard Gecko, Godzilla.

19. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

My first herp was a female baird's ratsnake. Her name is Songo and she is awesome. :)

20. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

The First one i really count Is My Schneider Skink, but when i was a little kid i used to catch lizards, turtles and frogs, i never really kept them long, my mom always made me let them go after a few days, probaly a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.