This Disappears When Logged In

What Type Of Boa/python?

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by rep, Jul 14, 2015.

1. rep

rep Well-Known Member

Hey I have a space in my entertainment center that can hold a 18x18x24 Exo terra viv.. And looking for more of a display boa or Python.. I will be covering most of the screen up top so that it holds humidity better..

I'm new to snakes but not reptiles.. Currently have a mid sized monitor and also have a couple tortoises in a giant pen outside.

Anyways, any recommendations? I absolutely love the emerald tree boas and green tree pythons but am nervous when people say they are for advanced keepers and I think my space is too small.. Anyways I'm very open and price isn't a huge concern either as long as it's reasonable (under $500).

Thank you here is the space I'm referring to.

Attached Files:

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

That size enclosure is too small for any boa I can think of, even sand boas need a larger space than that. Carpet pythons are great for display snakes, but the smaller species need at least a 4x2x2 enclosure, and larger is better.
    Rat snakes are good display snakes, and some species are relatively small, but I can't think of any offhand that would be suited to that size space as an adult. A 20-30 gallon aquarium is generally recommended as a minimum size enclosure.

ExoJoe likes this.
  3. rep

rep Well-Known Member

Hmm good to know. Maybe I'll put this on hold then. Had the extra Exo terra laying around n just thought something would look cool in that spot.

thank you!