This Disappears When Logged In

What Snake?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by reptile_kid, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

I want to know what would be the best snake(s)for me.I have 3 to 4 years experience,and I already have a chinese water dragon,pacman frog,and a colombian rainbow boa.I have plenty of room,so size doesn't matter.(My dad and I are building a huge reptile room.)

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I think your best bet is to look out there and figure out what snake interests YOU.

My only suggestion is to keep it to a size less than 6 feet. Otherwise they are really tough to handle on your own.

3. bethany

bethany Elite Member

I would agree with Liz on getting something you can handle on your own and looking for snakes you like. I have an 8ft boa and I definitely need some help with her for both of our best intrest. One snake I would like to get some day would be a sand boa. They are pretty neat in both color and shape. Kindas like a big worm and I have seen them in black and orange and black and yellow. They get around 4-5 ft I believe. Happy snake hunting.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

From the boas, I like Brazilian or Peruvian rainbow boas. I find the patterns on Dumeril's boas gorgeous, but they get a bit too big for me. :( I love my ball python (but I wish I had the money for a piebald or more interesting-looking morph.)
    My husband has 6 green tree pythons and they are wonderful to look at (but not really for handling).
    Take your time and save up for one you're really going to love, because you'll have them for (hopefully) a long time.

5. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

It all depends on what you like really. It could be anything from a corn snake to a rosy boa to a blood python. It all depends on your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.