This Disappears When Logged In

What Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Dragon2, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

2. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

OK, Ill look them up... So are they kind of like Leopard Geckos? (Besides they can go up walls)

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

They are pretty easy to care for!
    No special heating devices, They don't like it too warm, and you don't have to always feed crickets, they like the CGD crested gecko diet

Check out the caresheet that I linked to you! and Then go to the forum on lizards and they are in the Rhacodactylus section of that, read over some of the other members posts and see what you think!
    They are cute little buggers and from what i have read they are addictive!;)

4. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

I am reading the caresheet, They are very cute. Oh addictive huh? if thats the case I might need to stay away from them :p I might end up with 1,000 *lol*... I guess ill look them up some more, I never really wanted one becuse I have been told they eat 20 crickets every other day and I did not want a Bearded Dragon and a Cgecko eating close to 60 crickets a day... Guess I can look at them now

5. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

they are cool pets and easy to care for. not much to view at the pet stores during the day but turn the lights off and they are all over the place!

6. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

Oh, so they like the night :D... I think I will get one and see. I love you Cresteds by the way :)

7. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

Wait, I think I got mixed up!? a terrarium is a long glass tank right? We have a large cage with wire (Very small, good for a Iguna)... I got the two mixed up :p, They need a inclosed tank right?

8. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

Yes, they need a glass or plexiglass tank.

9. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

10. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

OK, we have the 60 gallon tank, should one be happy in it? :)

11. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

some people keep them in screen enclosures but they can't be huge. if you are planning to get a hatchling they need to be kept in smaller enclosures so they can find their food.

12. Dragon2

Dragon2 Active Member

I want a adult, I am not going to risk not giveing a baby something that they need...

13. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

im not sure how the crested do in such a large enclosure. my largest tank is a 40g(i think) exo terra.

crested need more height than length and spend most of their time up as high as they can get on the branches or glass.

most people use front opening enclosures for cresteds