This Disappears When Logged In

What Kind of Snake is This?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by JayKa, Aug 31, 2010.

1. JayKa

JayKa Well-Known Member

well i just got this little cutie pie about 2 hours ago. My friend bought it but he found out that he isnt allowed to have snakes so i asked if i could take him/her. i think its a corn snake, he said that he got it a petsmart in the fancy cornsnake tank. can anyone tell me if it is a cornsnake and what morph it is.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Yep, you have a corn snake. I'm not for sure what morph he is, but he sure is a cutie. It looks to me like it might be a motley, but I'm not sure. Good luck with the little guy. Here is a link to the care sheet on here.

Corn Snake (Pantherophis guttatus) Caresheet

3. JayKa

JayKa Well-Known Member

thanks madDog for the link. if i could hug this little cutie pie i would, lol im so wierd. i always wanted a snake i was planing on getting a ball but ended up getting a corn and sooner than expected. its a pretty fast snake, are they easy to care for?, you know after i get all my husbandry right. i plan on handleing it every day except for after i feed it of course. can i feed it pinkies? its so small.

4. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Once all there requirements are right, they tend to be pretty easy to care for. Yes, right now pinkies are OK and then as they grow, you can just keep up sizing the prey. One thing though, when they are young, they tend to be a little wiry and skittish sometimes. If that's the case with yours, I wouldn't worry much because they tend to calm down as they age. Good luck with your new friend and I'm sure you will enjoy him a little better than a ball python anyways.

5. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

A corn snake is a better beginner snake anyway! :) They are much better feeders, ball pythons tend to not eat sometimes, and it can be very frustrating to get them to!

CUUUTE little baby!

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a little cutie pie, Congratulations!

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Corn snakes are probably the best beginner snake out there - a very good one to get started with.

8. JayKa

JayKa Well-Known Member

Yea i was reading on some other threads that balls are very picky eaters. Well now i just have to figure out a name for my new little one. I still havnt figured out a name for my leopard gecko lol..but i want them to have sumthin to do or related to fire. :)

9. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

Beautiful! It is deffinatly a motly, perhaps a butter? Or Carmel? You can find a list of color morphs if you google Bill Love, I'm not sure what the site is called tho. Oh yea, and BEWARE!!! Corn snakes are total escape artists!!!! Have fun with your cutie!

10. JayKa

JayKa Well-Known Member

Escape artist! Am i going to have to put a lock on his/her tank? .. We have a grown albino corn snake at the pet store i work at ,its small and family owned so we actually care for our pets, that was donated to us and the night it got donated it escaped :O..but we found it two days later :).

11. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Yes, you will need a lock. And probably a weight on top to keep it secure. And if there are any holes, whether in the cage itself or the screen, you will not have a snake in that cage for very long.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think that you mean Kathy Love. The site is Corn Snakes 4

Yes. If there is a way out the snake will find it!

13. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member