This Disappears When Logged In

What Ill Need and the Cost

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by herpdederp, Nov 17, 2013.

1. herpdederp

herpdederp New Member

so ive been thinking about getting a bearded dragon I have a leo already but hes a male so I don't want to get another male cause I know they will fight. But I also don't want to get a female cause it might stress her out having a male always trying to mate.
    So I was thinking about a beardy. I've been looking at prices and I can never really get an exact price so I wanted to ask you beardy owners what it costed you for the stuff and why you bought it. it would help me out alot.

2. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

when we got out bearded dragons, we spent a good chunk of cash. 2 beardies, tank, basking light, uvb light, heat emitter, and a good thermometer almost $400. then the food is a never ending thing. greens and bugs everyday added up to around $4 a day. then when they got bigger a 40g tank and new lid. now it is getting time to get a bigger tank again. just be prepared for continued expense.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well my 2 baby beardies are in the exoterra 40gal front opening tank-these are awesome but only last about 18months before the beardies out grow them. I got these on black friday for $84 each though they are usually closer to $230. Then I bought dome lights and MVBs for about $150. For decor I went to Lowes store and got bricks, flagstones, slate tile, and peel and stick tile for about $40.
    I use MVB bulbs because they dont need to be replaced that often (once a year) and they give off heat and humiidty which is always a plus. Also I dont like having so many light fixtures on top of cages so for the babies this works best.