This Disappears When Logged In

What Are Your Hobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EriksExotics, Apr 11, 2014.

1. zues2k

zues2k Well-Known Member

Suppose I'll chime in here....

My hobbies include the lizards of mine, working on cars from time to time, riding my motorcycle (which is down for repairs :(), playing too many video games, eating, I used to read but not so much anymore, Game of thrones, and getting upset at my roommates.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Game of Thrones is awesome! Did you read the books?

3. zues2k

zues2k Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I did not read the books. I didn't even know about them until the show came out.

4. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Thanks for all the feedback everyone :)

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

its worth going back and reading the books. I am rereading them for the 4th time and they are still highly entertaining.

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

I read cookbooks...

7. Froglet

Froglet Active Member

Precia; so tell us what is the strangest food you have ever eaten?

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh we should all name the strangest food we have ever eaten!

9. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Entertaining? No no no... Epic is the word to describe G.R.R.Martins works.

Oh, and strangest food? Goat Testicles. Not too bad really, once you get over the fact you're eating them.

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It's not epic until the last book is printed and I know he isn't going to die and leave me hanging not knowing how the series ends. Once I have read the last book then it will be reclassified!

I have had Balut which is partially fermented/developed chicken fetuses. As long as you eat them right they are good but swallow wrong and the beak will slice you on the way down.

11. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Eaten many weird items but I will never eat Seal again... Rancid salmon oil concentrate doesn't come close to the special flavor of seal...

12. snakenator

snakenator Member

Well, I have tons of hobbies.
    -reptiles (breeding, maintaining, etc.)
    -I play tons of instruments (guitar, piano, drums, trumpet, etc. you name it and I play it)
    -I also am on a swim team (long distance)
    -I love to play airsoft (the real deal, not just with spring shotguns and stuff, but with full auto, practices, and lots of camo)
    -I <3 XBox

13. Precia

Precia Active Member

Oh gosh, everyone else's stories are so much cooler! I love the idea of strange food, am really adventurous, and desperately want to try strange food... but haven't had much opportunity. But I have had things like uni (sea urchin roe), reindeer moss, and foie gras. Some foods I have eaten I don't consider strange, though others might. Those would be raw fish, octopus, salmon roe, venison, squirrel.. I will try to think of some others.

14. JessicaSchoo

JessicaSchoo Active Member

This is lame, but I'm a stay at home Mommy of two children. I also had to homeschool because our local schools were full up. So between pre-K and Kindergarten, my lizard is my only hobby. That and Walking Dead... XD

15. Khorne

Khorne Well-Known Member

Fairly simple stuff mostly miniature gaming, both playing and painting the miniatures. And, obviously, reptiles though Its mostly me trying to learn more about them than actually interacting with them.

16. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Did 40k and fantasy for many years, ran away screaming about 10 years ago and sold it all. Painted armies for every race... cleaned up when I quit and sold it all :p

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have eaten mealworms. They were cooked, and flavored not unlike doritos.

I'm also fond of heart, liver, kidney, gizzard, etc. My family thinks I am demented. The nice thing is not having to share. Except with mom. Mom likes hearts, so we fight over venison hearts when my brother brings them home.

But I usually win, because I help skin, butcher, and process the meat for storage. This spring, we are installing a winch and pulley on new beams in the garage to make hanging the deer even easier. My brother lives in an apartment, so he can't do it there. Hence, I let him use my garage so I can get parts of the deer I want. Once he is done taking the meat off of it, I take some of the bones (soup, arts & crafts, critter food/enrichment), antlers (if there are any - he usually gets does - also for arts & crafts) suet (bird feeders), and scraps (cat food). Mom takes the hides and tans them with the brains. Sometimes she boils down the hooves to make glue. She will also take the sinew. She uses these things to teach kids how Native Americans used every part of the deer, and what different parts were good for. And she gives my brother some of the nicer hides back once they are done. The only thing that makes it to the garbage on most of these deer is the spine.

18. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Well my hobbies consist of photography, paintball, fishing, camping...... I do play a couple card games like Munkins, and Magic the Gathering.....