This Disappears When Logged In

What Are Good Timers?

Discussion in 'Electricity/Wiring' started by DramaticFish, Jul 2, 2012.

1. DramaticFish

DramaticFish New Member

Hi I'm new and my friend is on here. She said she asked you guys with help for my geckos. They don't have uvb lights anymore now just a lamp for light and then one of the on the top lamp things for heat on the basking rock. She said get a timer but her's is like from the 80s or something. What kind of timer should I get? All the reviews I see on lowes are bad.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I just go a digital power bar with a timer from Home Depot. It has 8 outlets and 4 that are normal and 4 that are programable.

I know zilla makes one, not sure how it is, but it looks the same but different colors.

If it is just for one light, one of those little ones made for lamps should work.

3. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

you can get them at home depot for 5 bucks. cheap, and easyer to use than the zillas, they tend to be kind of fudgey.

4. Knox

Knox Elite Member

My rotary timers from Lowes have served me well for over 3 years.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I use just basic lamp timers as well.

6. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Yeah, I got a 2 pack on sale at home depot a while back for like $5.

7. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

If it's just for an on/off light, the timers you get at many hardware stores work just fine. It's only when you have a misting system, that needs to be programmed in multiple bursts for duration time in seconds do you need a specific type of timer.

8. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

Russ? If you are and you're talking about me, the timer is only 18 years old, and it works just fine, thanks! :b It was a state of the art GE at the time!

9. DramaticFish

DramaticFish New Member

Yes. Dude that thing is old tho. You have a lot of "state of the art" ancient junk.