This Disappears When Logged In

Weird Snake Lumps?

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by urie, Jun 10, 2016.

1. urie

urie New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello! I have an albino burm who has recently gone into shed. I had him out yesterday so he could stretch out a bit and I noticed some weird patches on his back, but since he's getting all pink from being in shed, I didn't really think anything of them. His scales seemed to be slightl raised in some spots, but nothing to be worried about. I went to give him more water today, and noticed that the same spots were considerably more raised and two of the spots are more than half an inch raised from his scales. They're white and puffy, and they seem to be fluid filled but he won't let me feel them enough to be able to tell. They don't seem to be formed from under his scales, either; it looks like the space between his scales and what he's getti ready to shed off have fluid built up beneath. His enclosure isn't too humid and it's not too dry, he doesn't have a heat rock or a heat pad and there's nothing for him to have gotten burned on. His water bowl isn't big enough for him to submerge himself in, either. He's around seven feet long and the guy I got him from didn't handle him at all, because he's a very vocal snake (he loves to hiss, but he never bites) and he was scared of him. He had mites when I got him, but I was able to clear them up easily and I treat his tank as a precaution every time I clean it. He's on paper towels currently and I take him out about two to three times a week depending on my work schedule. I can't find anything about what the lumps may be, and I currently don't have enough money to take him to a vet (but if need be, I get paid soon). Any ideas on what's up with my guy? Thanks!

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I would say a vet visit is in order. Can you give a rundown of the conditions inside of his enclosure?
    Temps, humidity and what type of thermometer you're using to measure those.
    What type of mite treatment is he receiving?

3. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

They look like some kind of subdermal parasites.
    You said he had mites so it's possible he has those too