This Disappears When Logged In

weird behavior (savanna monitor)

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by inkman, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkman

inkman Elite Member

hay all my male savanna monitor general is acting very strange to his regular behavior, 1. he does not want to venture out of his enclosure(wich he never wants to be in his enclsure) 2. usauly he is always wide awake during the day but he seems to be sleeping more during the day and less at night, nothing has changed on my part his feeding times are regular lights are out at the same time every night (they are on a timer) tempiture is regular 78 degrees on the cool side and about 95 degrees on the other but it has been this way for about 2 years any ideas ???:confused:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Basking temps need to be a little higher :D (around 105)

3. inkman

inkman Elite Member

okay since late last nigh I slowley raised the tempiture in the hot end from about 95 to 105 and now he doesnt wnat to go over there maby I should take him to the vet what do you all think?

4. mshrmheadcharge

I think its too hot for him :p sorry for the bad advice (all the caresheets ive read say 105) Is he eating fine and defecating normally?

5. inkman

inkman Elite Member

yeah thats all normal but he usauly always wants to come out and play or come out and take a nap on the couch or what ever but he will not com out of the enclosure unless I make him and when I do that he throughs a tantrum wiping and nipping at me

6. mshrmheadcharge

Hmm...how old is he? and are you sure you dont have a she on your hands?

7. inkman

inkman Elite Member

o yeah positive hes a he confimed by to diffrent vets, he is a little older than two years old

8. mshrmheadcharge

hmm...I dont know lol, have you changed the room around any?

9. inkman

inkman Elite Member

nope everthing is the same as always I dont know maby he is gelous of chey chey the new iguana

10. mshrmheadcharge

lol..who knows..I dont think a vet trip is reallly needed..but it couldnt hurt :D

11. lizlover5

lizlover5 Well-Known Member

can it see the new iggy? it might be stressed if it can see it from its enclosure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.