This Disappears When Logged In

WD pics

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by TheGreenMan, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

this is just an update on my dragon im thinking it might be a male. he is a light almost lime green with teal stipes and blueish lips with yellow behind his front legs. it also looks like his spikes are getting bigger. i have also bought another dragon. the new dragon is a bit smaller only about 12" total lenght. the larger one is just coming up on 15".

Attached Files:

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Very cute!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Did you quarantine? Are you housing the two together?

4. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

i did but only for about a week. i just put them together yesterday after i had them together outside the tank a few times. the new dragon is behaving normally in the new tank and there has been no sings of aggrestion exept for right at first and it was only arm waving and showing of dominance. they sleep together and my first dragon doesnt sleep in his cave any more either.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

A week is not nearly long enough. You should wait a minimum of 30 days and most suggest 60-90 days. Hopefully you haven't introduced any health problems into your other dragon!
    Be sure and keep a close eye on them and make sure the larger one isn't preventing the smaller one from feeding and basking. Stress problems can be very subtle.

6. venus

venus Founding Member

They look great, but I second what Merlin said...longer quarantines a must.

7. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

i watch them carefully the smaller one eats and is basking normally. i know that a week wasnt long enough but i only have a small extra tank and didnt want my new dragon to be cramped. the whole time it was in the other tank he was digging in the corners and running his face along the inside of the tank from side to side.

8. hippie05

hippie05 Elite Member

Look great, hopefully no health problems, Always wanted a water dragon and those pics make me want them more! :)

9. TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan Elite Member

im now feeding them in a seperate tank to make sure that each one is eating. can any one tell from the pics if my older dragon is a male?

10. Spazzy

Spazzy Member

My dragons are both around 17 inches and im still not sure what they are yet. Since yours are smaller Im guessing its the same. Once they get about 18 inches you should be able to start seeing the differences, but right now just IMO i think you'res are still too young to tell. Very cute though! I looove water dragons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.