This Disappears When Logged In

Waxworm Question

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Shennmori, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Shennmori

Shennmori New Member

Hello,
    I just started raising my own waxworms and everything has went very well the moths have died the worms are growing great no problems at all till now,

how do I remove the wax worms from the bedding theres 1000's of them all sizes
    and the bedding has the texture of a sponge I guess from the silk/webbing and when you try to break it apart sure a bunch of worms come out but alot are still left inside the bedding and picking out 2000-10000 worms by hand will probabaly drive me to drinking is there some kind of trick to make the worms leave the bedding since I have tried sifting them and that did not work to well because of the bedding its not like mealworms/superworms etc there has to be a easier way because how do the commerical size operations do it ?

Maybe a light? or heat? cold? singing to them lmao I'm open to any ideas here

Thanks

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

When I was studying leaf litter we used a light bulb to add a bit of heat as well as drying out the surface, all the bugs when down (a funnel) into a jar :)

3. Shennmori

Shennmori New Member

Yea I'll give that a shot they will either go down or become bbq either way its going to happen lol

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Use low end light so not as hot LOL