This Disappears When Logged In

Water Dragon Has Spot Under Mouth

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Faraz Ahmed, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Faraz Ahmed

Faraz Ahmed New Member

Hello,

I have a chinese water dragon. Not sure how old but about a foot and 4 inches long. It has a a clear/brown spot under its jaw. Just wondering what it could be. I've had her for a little over a month. She eats whenever I give her food and has a good color. She just shed a lot and still has a few patches waiting to come off but has almost completely shed. I'm worried it might be mouth rot.

Her habitat is a 180 gallon tank. I have a rock background (from Universal Rocks) she seems to love it but the front of the tank is glass. I haven't noticed her rubbing her face in it really. Just once when I first put her in. But I also am not with her 24/7. She's got a lot of Uvb and uva lights. during the day the temp is around 84-94 (in her basking spot) degrees. at night the temperature stays around 80 degrees. The humidity gets low at times but I have an automatic mister. It ranges between 35%-75%. she also has 2 large water sources. Substrate is 80% coconut fiber and 20% wood chips. She eats calcium dusted wax worms and crickets mostly.

pictures attached. The spot is very small and clear/brown under the right side of her jaw. Please help!

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, if you mean the front of the upper jaw, it looks like the scale is damaged, if that`s the case it isn`t "mouth rot", just a small injury which you can treat easily by applying a diluted iodine solution, ten parts water to one part iodine, dab very gently once per day, allow to dry.
    Can you show the whole enclosure including a view of the top and say how you`re measuring the ambient (air) and basking surface temps plus the humidity range?