This Disappears When Logged In

Water Dragon Eye Problems??

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Cheyenne, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne New Member

I have had my water dragon for a few years now and she was kind of sick when I first got her with some snout damage. She did really well for a while and then out of no where a month ago she started acting very lethargic, she wouldn't open her eyes, and she stopped eating. Someone suggested it was because the UVB light and that we should give her soaks in pedialyte and warm water. So we got her a stronger UVB and did the pedialyte soaks for about a week or so. It hasn't been working, we haven't been able to get her to eat and one of her eyes seems to have fused shut and the eye seems deflated or sunken in?? The other one she will only barely open and it looks very odd from what I can see before she shuts it again (and man is it hard to open a lizards eyes) from what I can see it looks very foggy if that's the right description.
    I really want to take her to the vet but I wont have the money to until the end of next month. Does anyone know what might be wrong with her and how I can help her? At least until we can afford to take her to the vet?

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

I would call the vet and see if you can make some sort of payment arrangements, as you may not have that long to wait.