This Disappears When Logged In

Water Dragon Breeding Project

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Dca22anderson, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Dca22anderson

Dca22anderson Established Member

Thanks! I'll need to learn some monitor tricks from you! Your monitor is so cool! So is your enclosure!

I want to build these guys a room sized cage as soon as I sell my large aquarium and create some space! I'll make an awesome water fall and 50-100 gallon pond in there as well! Then the water Dragons will be totally loving it!!

2. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Omg that sounds like a great idea :D they will definitely love it lol
    Haha monitors are awesome, I adore them. Mine has been a lot of work because she wasn't worked with at all. I think she was wild caught and she's already pretty old so she has some trust issues but it's ok, im still working with her :)

3. Dca22anderson

4. lizardhoarder139

Wow, this thing is very impressive I can't get over it haha :)
    Those dragons are going to love it in there!!! I'm sure just like those beardys ;)
    This thing is gorgeous too!! How long has it taken you so far, and was it made out of scratch?

5. Dca22anderson

Thanks for the kind words...I hope they love it!

I built it from scratch buying all the components and working to get everything to come together nicely. I spent a few months worth or Saturdays on it and I am halfway there... I need to do the lower cage now... Waters on top with beardies below... I'm not planning on doing all the rock work below. I'll use real rocks and branches to furnish the bearded Dragon lower section...it should go faster!

6. Dca22anderson

How is your new enclosure working out for your sweet monitor? Looks great as well!

7. lizardhoarder139

I think that's a great idea, and it should look amazing when both are all done!! I'm very impressed you made that all from scratch. :)
    Mine is doing good, I'm really happy with how I made it and how strong it is, now I'm able to make another cage to put on top. She also loves it, she climbs around and likes to sit in her basking spot, I think she's still getting used to it but I know shes happier.

8. Dca22anderson

9. lizardhoarder139

Oh my gosh!!! That is looking amazing! :D I love it

10. Dca22anderson

11. Dca22anderson

Actually the dragons have a 10'x4' tank they are in with tons of running water and some large tree branches... I'll end up using that cage in the video for their offspring...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

12. lizardhoarder139

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! :O my jaw literally dropped haha. I LOVE that!!
    Ohh ok I understand now, the future little ones will be very very happy :) how is the water feature going to be in this new enclosure?

13. Dca22anderson

I'll probably put in a tub that can easily be removed for cleaning... I kind of built this out for the bearded dragons but I'm on the fence with who will go on there long term...

Check out these love birds...caught them sleeping like this tonight
    image.jpg image.jpg

14. lizardhoarder139

Ohh ok I see.
    Awwwww omg that is so cute lol :D

15. Dca22anderson

Let the games begin!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

So cool to see someone doing this!

I might consider getting a CWD again if I could get a captive bred one.

17. lizardhoarder139

Omg eggs!!! :D yay

18. Dca22anderson

Thanks! It's totally a fun project. We love these little guys! I have five females and two males to my knowledge so there will be tons of baby's around this place soon! Keep me posted if you really want one I'm sure we will have plenty...

19. Dca22anderson

20. Dca22anderson