This Disappears When Logged In

Wanting a New Lizard

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by biollantefan54, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well, there is nothing wrong with saving up your allowance to get something you really want. Thats what we had to do, plus it shows your mother that you are determined, serious and responsible. You can ask her what you can do around the house to earn extra money. I know as a mom, that would really help! :)

2. biollantefan54

biollantefan54 Elite Member

I don't get an allowance and I can't do house work to get money unless it is like clean 1 rooms out of 7 rooms in the house. And at that I would get like 2-5 dollars. So my life sucks. :/

3. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Have you considered setting up a paypal account, or just giving your mother the cash and use her credit/ATM card (assuming she has either)? You wouldn't even have to place the order itself online, you could always just call and place it over the phone. That said, I don't know where you would get one for $15 when shipping usually costs more than that...

4. mld

I know its hard sometimes, never hurts to try and ask. Not sure if you celebrate holidays, birthdays but if someone asks what you would like, say money to save for your herp. Best of luck

5. biollantefan54

I get money on Christmas my birthday and taxes. And my mom doesn't buy off the internet. My birthday is in August though....

6. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Some companies allow you to place your order over the phone. They will walk you through it. It would save you loads of money.

7. biollantefan54

Well first I have to get money which will take about 9 months....

8. mld

I'm an August baby as well, you should put the date in your profile, then you will get some Happy Birthday's from us here!

I was the same as your mom, I wouldn't use my Credit Card on-line, finally I got a paypal account and felt much better. Don't push your mom on the matter, it never worked with my daughter when she would hound me. Be patient

9. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Hmm in ontario the lizards are insanally priced. ill give you guys a list of my prices here a couple of lizards. There all original no morphs

Corn Snake - $185
    Bearded Dragon - $155
    Leapord gecho - $125
    Savannah monitor-$110
    Chinese water Dragon - $39
    Green anole - 9$

Reptiles are expensive here!

10. biollantefan54

I know those are the exact prices here too!

11. biollantefan54

And how do you change your birthday on your profile? I cant find it.

NM i found it.

EDIT how do you get a signature?

12. mld

You have to get so many posts first! Then you'll become an elite member and have that ability. Don't worry, you're doing good.

13. biollantefan54

Okay thanks, And I am wondering what is your favorite kind of lizard. Mine itself is the leopard gecko. They look cool and are so relaxed but still are entertaining to watch. I cant wait to get my next!

14. mld

Leopard Geckos are awesome, they are so beautiful and always look like they are smiling.
    Hard to choose a favorite, I would have one of everything if I was allowed and able. lol
    Day Geckos are pretty cool also, they are more look and don't touch type of lizard.

15. biollantefan54

I like look but don't touch ones but I just don't think I could have one that doesn't like being held.

16. mld

Oh I could! Some are just so beautiful, I could watch them for hours. Just knowing that I am providing it with a long and healthy life is enough for me.

17. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

I love love my savannah monitor! she is such a good pet but savs are not good begineer reptiles. there super hard to provide for.
    3330bf02.jpg

Attached Files:

18. biollantefan54

That lizard looks sweet!

19. mld

Yeah, Monitors are gorgeous, but not for me! Setup is large and expensive and they would get too big for my house. I just look at others and live vicariously through you guys/gals. I can't even begin to think of how much money it would cost for electricity bill and food bills.

20. biollantefan54

Yeah, they look like dinosaurs! They are so cool. Do you have any picks of your Egyptian sand geckos mld?