This Disappears When Logged In

Wanted: VARANUS salvator & komodoensis

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Dragonfly, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Hello.

Im searching adults, or subadults

1.1. Varanus salvator
    1.1. Varanus komodoensis

Please send your offers to me with photos by email: office@crazy4water.com
    The animals would be saled to Europe, need urgently documents.

Payments after request.

regards
    Dragonfly

2. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

I know at least one of those is endangered...and the other I think is too. Not to mention one is a 'freakin komodo dragon'.

I don't think you're gonna have much luck man. Good luck anyways.

3. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

You do know that both species are endangered. Therefore you won't be getting them anytime soon.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I didn't believe that the water monitor was endangered. I know they "were" declining in the wild but I didn't recall reading that they had been given endangered status since they were still popping up everywhere. Guess I need to read some more on them.

You wont be getting a Komodo. At least not legally.

5. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Ok, the water monitor may not be endangered yet, but despite breeding programs in place, they still may have a future spot on the endangered list. Either way chances of getting either one are next to none.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

From what I had read Mike, there is a huge import/export business with the water monitors in Sri Lanka. Apparently they are good eating and their skins are used for merchandise.

Thats why I said i don't recall them being on the endangered species list. I haven't looked, but I don't think they are even on CITES. I could be wrong though. (It happens a lot more than I like to admit. lol)

If they are allowing them to be imported into the U.S, they must be prolific enough where they are either holding steady in wild numbers or captive projects are proving to be successful.

Even if they are abundant, I don't forsee them as being easy to acquire. I don't recall seeing anyone on this site showing off their salvator. lol

7. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Hmm, seems I wasn't looking hard enough for info. Dragonfly is posting from Austria and I'm not sure of the import regulations in place there. Anyone know if you can actually import Salvators into Austria. Again, thanks for the follow up on my incorrect post of "both species are endangered", Rich. I feel stupid.

8. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Any more info from anyone on this topic for import laws in Austria?

9. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

I'm pretty sure that she can loop hole or dodge a few laws anyways, being that she is in cohorts with zoos. I think she's the one that said she was helping zoos with herps over in Austria.

10. Palaeomike

Palaeomike Elite Member

Really, I never knew that. PM me with the thread where she says that. Thanks Steve.

11. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

12. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

if i am not mistaken, all monitors are CITES

you can get salvators...a komodo on the otherhand, you probably could get one, and get a jail sentence. (but then if i were you, would not post on the internet and get arrested, which would probably happen)

the only legal way to get a komodo is to be a zoo/well known research facility. Even then you would be looking at doing crazy trades.

good luck with the salvator though, they are avaliable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.