Well, good news all around. The vet is no longer recommending surgery after seeing the improvement after the last shed. He does not think the oral tissues will be an issue (I asked because the scar tissue prevents V from closing his mouth completely, I was worried they would dry out and have recurring problems) He does however want to take a biopsy of and remove the cyst, but he wants to wait until the wounds are closed up a little more. A few more sheds. Only issue right now is that he has had 3 meals and no poop. Has me soaking him for 2 hours a day in a bin in his cage to encourage defecation. Failing that, it's laxatives and an enema in 2 weeks. The improvised heater worked very well. I ended up using a 25 watt red light, but I think I will try and pick up a 60-75 watt ceramic heater or similar object in the future. Later, I'll get some pics of what I did.